Teletherapy in Overland Park
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
With shelter in place, Teletherapy has become an option for today and in the future. Teletherapy allows you to connect from the comfort of your own home. You are able to get the care you need from when and where you need it. Meet with Terri Clinton Dichiser in a place of ease with the cup of your favorite tea.
What is Teletherapy?
Teletherapy is providing therapy through a live video connection, over the internet. Terri provides the same treatment as she would in person, except now it is done through a computer! When you have used Zoom or FaceTime on your iPhone, you have used the same type of technology teletherapy uses. Therapy is evolving with technology by providing connection with the therapist and client through telecommunication technology.
How Teletherapy works
Through a secure platform clinicians link to clients through and internet connection and video. Through the platform client and clinician can interact just as they would if in person. Instead of face to face sessions we are on a video platform.
What is needed for Teletherapy?
A computer, laptop or mobile phone with microphone and camera. You will also need a stable internet connection.
Key benefits of Teletherapy
- Ease of travel as no need to leave home: No long commutes or traffic, just close the door in a safe place and log into your session
- Convenience: Just close your door in a safe place and link to your teletherapy. You don’t have to leave anywhere to rush to get to your appointment.
- Concerns when sick: Can still meet for telehealth if concerns of exposing others to illness or concerns of being exposed. Telehealth can ease anxieties and lead the way to meeting face to face.
- Privacy: Many people still feel stigmatized by seeking the help they need for mental health concerns. With teletherapy you have complete privacy with you and your provider.
- Time savings: No commute, finding parking and time spent in the waiting room
- See your therapist even if you are ill: No need to leave home. With teletherapy you can still meet with your therapist even if you are ill or hurt. If you have tested a virus or infection, have a common cold or flu bug, you can still get the mental health help you need without exposing others. Research shows that upper respiratory infections can affect mood disorders which makes it even more important to engage in therapy. If you had a recent surgery, cancer, heart condition that is keeping you homebound, you can enhance your mental health by teletherapy.
- Greater access: If you live further away from Take Charge, Inc you still can utilize therapy and transportation does not have to be a barrier.
Provided on a secure platform
The platform Take Charge, Inc uses is a secure platform that is compliant with HIPAA regulations.
Who should use Teletherapy?
With any type of treatment, there is not a blanket statement that can be made with a “100% guarantee that this will work!” Some people will respond better to face to face therapy, so we create a plan and platform of therapy to meet your needs.
For new patients, Terri Clinton Dichiser will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that’s targeted for your individual needs.
For existing patients who are looking for follow-up appointments, teletherapy can be provided on an ongoing basis.
What if I’m not ready to schedule, but just have some questions about the teletherapy process?
We realize taking that first step into counseling can be a difficult one. The last thing we want is for clients to feel pressured to make an appointment. Our goal is to provide as much information as possible so you can make the best decision on how to proceed. There is no pressure to schedule an appointment.
Take Charge, Inc. is located in Overland Park, KS. Click Here to send us an email or call with your questions and our staff will give you all the information you need about our services.