About Terri Dichiser
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
Terri Clinton Dichiser has always had a passion for helping people. She began as an attorney, serving as a Judicial Law Clerk for Judge Daugherty and Judge Randall of the Jackson County Circuit Court and was a prosecutor for the Kansas City Prosecutor’s Office responsible for plea negotiations and courtroom trials. Terri was also an Associate Professor, developing and delivering courses in Criminal Justice and Legal Studies at Missouri Western State College. In 1991, Terri Dichiser became a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in Kansas and Missouri, allowing her to further serve the community and assist people with everyday life.
Since opening Take Charge, Inc, in Overland Park, KS, Terri has worked with countless individuals, couples and families and fully understands that feeling heard, understood, and accepted is what opens the door to a more fulfilling life. She is proud to be certified by Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Whole Health Medicine Institute and being a ‘brain-wise’ therapist, she applies both neuroscience and neuropsychology when working with clients.
Ultimately, the goal of therapy is to help people leave therapy feeling equipped with the skills to create stronger relationships at home and at work. Terri uses EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) in couples, individual and family therapy. In couples counseling she helps couples recognize the patterns they have established in their relationship and will offer tools and strategies to break the patterns and to create a renewed sense of safety and security in the marriage or relationship. She helps to help breakdown the negative patterns you may have developed throughout your life. EFT helps to “let go” of old patterns and triggers so you can focus on living life to the fullest. Her approach helps you address concerns and hurdles in a new and constructive way. She also assists individually struggling with depression, anxiety or symptoms of childhood or adult trauma. Terri uses EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing).
In addition to counseling, Terri Clinton Dichiser provides mediation services and acts as a Mental Health Neutral in Collaborative Divorce. She is active in numerous civic organizations and on the leadership committee for Kansas City EFT, has served as the Founding President of The Association of Missouri Mediators, founding member of Collaborative Divorce of Kansas City, former Vice-President/ Board member of Mediation Achieving Results for Children (MARCH), former arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau. Terri is very passionate about her family and she enjoys traveling as well as supporting causes such as Breast Cancer Awareness.
Terri Clinton Dichiser – Education and Credentials
- Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Missouri – Kansas City
Terri Clinton Dichiser - Diverse Experience with Clients
- Sprint Corporation
- The Central Exchange
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- Johnson County Community College
- Division of Child Support Enforcement
- Office of Judicial Administration and the Missouri Bar Association
Terri Clinton Dichiser – Memberships and Associations
- The American Counseling Association
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Kansas City Emotionally Focused Therapy Community
- The Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Kansas City
- Whole Health Medicine Institute
- Collaborative Practice Kansas City