A good time to attend marriage counseling is when:
- You want to learn skills and tools to have a good or even better marriage or relationship
- As soon as one of you thinks you need it, even if the other person doesn’t think so.
- You feel stuck and what you have tried on your own is not working.
- One of you feels emotionally or physically/sexually disconnected and can’t seem to change it on your own.
- You fight or withdraw or refuse to address issues of conflict.
- You think your partner is what is wrong with the marriage or relationship.
- You are thinking you might be happier with someone else
Often, couples can work out the problems which inevitably arise in a marriage. However, sometimes those problems can seem too serious, too involved or just plain too messy for the couple to come up with a solution by themselves. It is at that point, and sometimes before that point, where marriage counseling can be a very positive step to take in order to find a solution for couples.